|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - honorable
To:The Honorable Members of The Indiana General Assembly And The Honorable Governor Mitchell E. Daniels
March 20, 2006
The State of Florida makes searching for biological families very difficult.
By state law and adoptee is required to petition the courts to open their adoption records. Once the adoption has been finalized the records are sealed. Most of the time they cannot be opened unless for medical reasons and even then it is an uphill battle.
I am petitioning the governor to change that law, because adoptees are entitle to know about their biological families just like everyone else.
3. Veto SB-157
Payday lending in the state of Ga.
Dear Honorable Sonny Perdue,
We, the undersigned, urge you to veto SB-157. Passing this bill will:
Take away the jobs of thousands of people in the state of Georgia. Take away the help that people sometimes need to make it till payday, to cover a bill,to keep a check fron bouncing or even for food. And for everone in the state great state of Georgia our right to choose.
The 1086th Transportation Company of the Louisiana National Guard has been in Kuwait since March 23, 2003. The Department of Defense has extended tours of duty for National Guard soldiers currently deployed. Our soldiers of the 1086th TC were promised a homecoming date on September 20th,2003. They were informed that there was no date for them to return home because there is no company to take their place. Our soldiers are in limbo and deserve to have a date to come home.
This petition asks for the Argentinean government to release the names of those political prisoners murdered during the takeover and regime of President Jorge Rafael Videla.
We the undersigned residents of the City of Montgomery, Alabama, residing within District One, do hereby recognize the following to be true and just:
1. It is the duty of each city council official to assure the needs of the council district represented by the official.
2. Each official is responsible for the conditions of the streets and roadways within the official's district.
3. Each street and roadway within the offical's district should receive equal care for upkeep and maintainence.
4. Several roadways within the Eastmont community of district one have been repaved and surfaced within the past twenty years, while other roadways have not.
5. The roadways of Kiefer Drive and Hagar Road, within district one, are in long need of repair, in order to insure the needs of safe driving along these roadways, equal continuity of the the community's road maintainence, and the aesthetic appearance of the community.
THEREFORE, it is hereby RESOLVED, that the residents of the Eastmont community of district one of Montgomery, Alabama, compel its official, the Honorable P.C. Pilgreen, to utilize his office to immediately affect the repaving and surfacing of the roadways of Kiefer Drive and Hagar Road.