|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - compete
We the people and workers of Massachusetts believe we should have the right to work for whom and where we want and should not be limited by our employers.
Some employers are restricting employees in which employers they can work for by requiring employees to sign Non-Compete Agreements and/or clauses therefor Violating our Right to to be employed in most experianced line of work.
January 27, 2006
Consumers are suffering due to no-compete clauses that agencies serving people with disabilities have in the hiring process.
I believe that a no-compete clause is stating ownership of that consumer and their choices to keep their respective providers if they choose.
As an agency we do not ask an employee to sign a no-compete ourselves. All consumers deserve the right to be informed if picking a provider that has to sign a no-compete clause. Where does a no-compete clause help a client that is bonded to a provider that has mental health issues, behavioral issues, major health issues?
What about the consumers and families that have waited years to find a decent provider and loose that provider to a no-compete clause? If you beleive that a no-compete clause is infringing on the rights of the consumers please sign this petition.
City Hall should not compete against private business. Private businesses have to pay high taxes and costly business licences.
It appears that Amazon.com is headed for becoming a greed-based .com industry that is smashing down the sellers. We are forming this petition to make them aware of the following practices that they are currently doing on line.
1. Allowing "Lowest Price" to be attached to the lowest price. WE DO NOT WANT THAT ON THERE.
2. Allowing sellers to sell their books for 1 cent. There should be a minimum ammt. for each book in terms of asking price as most of us not all on here for a tax right off and cannot compete with those who want ALL the business.
3. For Amazon.com marketplace taking the first .99 cents plus 15 % plus part of the shipping money is greed-based. A lot of the books on Amazon are sold for under $10.00.
4. In terms of Z Shops we are paying almost $40.00 per month and we are not even getting the listings out of the data base within your system and onto the site. They are being listed as "listings pending" for long periods of time.
5. You are giving buyers not only free shipping but if they buy something for $50.00 in your kitchen department you give them $30.00 free. How can we compete with that.???
6. Now you merge with other bookseller companies and most of us on here have no idea of what you are doing....merging with Alibris and Abe.....What are we to think when our sales fall like this?????
7. We are not happy sellers right now. Why don't you ask us what would make us happy...we are your supporters...If you look at the discussion boards you can tell that we are not happy campers.....
Your Sellers .......
Elance connects supply with demand. The suppliers try to compete with each other offering projects they'd be willing to do for X amount of money. Suppliers compete with each other, and as a result of unorganized supply, the individuals providing the services do not receive fair compensation for their services.