|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Petition Tag - catholics
10 days ago, President Obama worked out a compromise with Catholic affiliated institutions over a mandate in the health care law that would provide preventive services like Birth Control to their employees.
Unfortunately, Catholic Bishops and faith based institutions objected to the compromise, stating that the compromise was against their morals, conscience and 1st amendment rights.
Republicans have already held one hearing on their plan to allow employers to deny women coverage for birth control -- and then banned women from testifying. Currently, there are two bills in Congress that could possibly allow employers or insurance companies to deny any health care coverage based on religious or “conscience rights”. The bills, authored by Republicans Representative Jeff Fortenberry and Senator Roy Blunt, called "the Respect for Rights of Conscience Act", will help exempt mandated health plans from providing any medical services that they define as “morally objectionable”. The implications of the Conservative right or Republican members in Congress being able to legislate “morals” are not only offensive but also disturbing.
These bills are too broad, extreme and actually impose religious beliefs upon women and their Doctors though Representative Jeff Fortenberry stated that Americans "conscience rights" are currently being threatened stating mandating or requiring health care services such as birth control is morally objectionable.
Again, keep in mind that this isn’t just about birth control. The Republican plan would allow any employer to deny any employee coverage for any treatment.
Women's health care should not be used as a political football.
Representatives like Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), who chairs Senate Democrats' campaign committee. Stated, "It puts politics between women and their healthcare."
An outrage this big deserves a response to match.
Demand live TV Coverage of Women's Right to Health Care and Complete transparency.
Roman Catholicism is the predominant religion, with 81% of the population belonging to this faith in the Philippines.
The country has a significant Spanish Catholic tradition, and Spanish style Catholicism is highly embedded in the culture, which was acquired from [priest]s or friars (prayle in Filipino). This is shown in traditions such as Misa de Gallo, Black Nazarene procession, Santo Niño and Aguinaldo procession, where large crowds gather, honouring their patron saint/s.
Processions and fiestas are conducted during feast days of the patron saints of various barrios or barangays.
Every year on October 31 to November 2, Filipino families celebrates the Day of the Dead which they spend much of the 3 days and 3 evenings visiting their ancestral graves, showing respect and honor to their departed relatives by feasting and offering prayers.
Christmas in the Philippines is a celebration spanning just more than the day itself. Many traditions and customs are associated with this grand feast, along with
Sen. Joker Arroyo urged the new Papal Nuncio Archbishop Edward Joseph Adams to look into the "disproportionate" number of Filipino cardinals representing the 73 million Catholic population in the Philippines.
Arroyo has filed a resolution pointing out what he called "grossly disproportionate" appointment of three cardinals representing a country in Asia with the biggest number of Catholics.
As a man who willingly endorsed policies that lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi children and against the wishes of the bishop of Rome, waged an unholy, unjust and illegal war on a sovereign state, it would be completely unacceptable for him to be enrolled as a full member of the catholic church.
This is compounded by his public refusal to accept the error of his actions and his share of the responsibility for the carnage and slaughter, as a nation is torn apart.
November 13, 2005
Dear healthcare workers, citizens of the Philippines, and concerned friends:
We encourage you to help us in the fight against a frightening "population control" bill that has been proposed in the Philippine Congress: House Bill 3773, "The Responsible Parenthood and Population Management Act of 2005".
We want to make you aware of the alarming situation that it creates for medical professionals, devout members of all faiths, and anyone else who believes in the sanctity of human life in our country.
No doubt you are familiar with the agenda and tactics of the powerful political forces who support this bill. They offer the usual funding incentives from the UNFPA, and they use deceptive language to hide the truths and tout the great progress for "women's healthcare" and the benefits of "economic improvement". What they fail to mention is the destruction such a bill would wreak on families, the unborn, the medical industry, and perhaps even the Catholic Church -- here in a nation where children and family have always been treasured above everything else.
HB 3773 would impose a 2-child limit on Filipino families and unleash a policy of sterilization procedures and contraceptive distribution upon an unsuspecting public. It would be enforced by discrimination and punishments for those who have larger families or who try to resist its rules -- with costly fines, job loss and "blacklisting", jail sentences, and more. Imagine the unsettling scenarios for our healthcare workers under HB 3773:
- Nurses, doctors, technologists, and pharmacists must compromise their beliefs by distributing and forcing contraceptive devices and medications upon the public; otherwise, they risk their future healthcare employment. This includes abortifacient drugs, which actually violates our own constitution -- since human life is protected from the first moment of conception in the Philippines. Catholics, Muslims, and workers of all faiths will be gravely affected, with no way to conscientiously object.
- Workers will be forced to deceive innocent families who are faithful to the Church and its constant pro-life teachings. Imagine the horror of having to purposely sterilize unsuspecting women or men and deprive them of the possibility of ever bearing children!
- Thanks to the strong guidance and political influence of the Catholic Church, our AIDS rate is remarkably low compared to the rest of the world. But imagine what the spread of the "contraceptive mentality" will do to our people -- with the corresponding rise in AIDS that has been such a scourge in other nations, along with other sexually transmitted diseases. Try to envision the burden on our healthcare system and the fate of those victims in a country that does not have the economic advantages of those in the western world.
- The quality of healthcare will certainly suffer. Morale among workers will sag, and if a doctor or nurse is uneasy about performing certain ghastly procedures, he or she will be prone to more mistakes. In addition, adverse health effects and dangers will plague our citizens -- from the bodily and emotional risks of contraceptive drug use, IUDs, injectibles, sterilization procedures, and other harmful methods.
- Many brilliant medical minds might decide to leave the healthcare profession altogether (or choose not to enter it) rather than violate their own consciences every day. Under HB 3773, small families will get preferential treatment in terms of scholarships and large families will be discriminated against -- reducing the opportunities for faithful Catholics and Muslims in the medical field. Educators in medical schools must adhere to the dictates of HB 3773 in their teaching -- or else.
- And as you well know, the mainstream acceptance of this mentality ALWAYS leads to the legalization of outright abortion on demand. Imagine the horrifying plight of the Catholic Filipino doctor or technician who could be forced to take the life of unborn children one day! Abortion is thankfully illegal in our nation, but HB 3773 will be a huge step towards eliminating any protection for the unborn -- and for mothers-to-be.
This is not only a matter of protecting families from a Nazi-like policy of "population control", immorality, and health risks -- it is also an issue of religious freedom. It affects every aspect of daily life, and we shudder to think how it could impact the freedoms and rights of the Catholic Church and her ability to lead faithful believers. The time is short and the stakes are high. We are one of the last Christian strongholds in the world to have resisted the Culture of Death, and the proposition has stirred much outrage here. By exposing the deceit and educating as many citizens as possible about the dangers, we might have a chance to defeat it. If you agree that the situation is dire, please attach your name to the following petition AGAINST HB 3773 and forward this page to as many people as possible. The petition and names will be sent to our Filipino Congressmen on behalf of medical professionals, concerned citizens, and ALL people of faith -- Catholics, other Christians, and Muslims alike. The congressmen have been bombarded with misinformation, and many are being led astray.
Help them to realize the danger that HB 3773 poses to our people, particularly Catholics and healthcare workers. Let them know that the world is watching and that knowledgeable, highly-respected Christians both here and abroad are troubled by this development. And please pray that we can defeat this insidious bill.
For further information, please see the following:
The proposed bill has sparked large rallies in other countries. See how our friends in the USA are joining their voices for this cause:
Thank you for reading, and God bless you!
HB 3773, The Mother Of All Anti-Life Bills: PLEASE OPPOSE IT!
Dear healthcare workers, citizens of the Philippines, and concerned friends around the world,
As medical workers and/or people who care about our country (the Philippines), we encourage you to help us in the fight against a frightening population control bill that has been proposed in our Congress: House Bill 3773, "The Responsible Parenthood and Population Management Act of 2005".
The time is short, since there will be a vote for the bill very soon, and the stakes are high. Many people are outraged by this proposition, and by educating as many citizens as possible about the dangers and exposing the deceit, we might have a chance to defeat it. If you agree that the situation is dire, you are strongly encouraged to examine the following petition AGAINST HB 3773. Then, please sign your name and forward it to as many people as possible.
The petition and list of names will be sent to our Filipino Congressmen on behalf of healthcare workers, concerned citizens, and ALL people of faith -- Catholics, other Christians, and Muslims alike. The congressmen have been bombarded with misinformation, and many of them are being led astray. Help them to realize the dangers that the bill poses to the life, health, and soul of our people, particularly Catholics and healthcare professionals. Help them to see that the world is watching and that knowledgeable, highly-respected Christians both here and abroad are deeply troubled by this development. And most importantly, please keep praying that we can defeat this insidious bill.
For more information about the bill, please see the following resource:
Also, see how our friends in the USA are joining their voices for this cause:
Thank you for reading, and God bless you!